New Year, New You

I forewarned you.

You knew it was coming-

So, here goes…

My goals for this coming year:

-To Get Healthier. No, not to lose tons of pounds that I will regain once I start eating carbs and sugar again. No crash diets, fads, or easy way outs. To actually feed my body. To eat better, to stay motivated to work out on a regular basis. Committing to an actual lifestyle change. It’s not about the pounds this time- it’s about a healthier overall lifestyle, to be healthy for me, and my family. Join me? (Don’t forget, we’re still tagging our workouts and healthy meals on IG and Twitter with: #GettinFitWithMrsBishop).

-To Write More. I’ve gone leaps and bounds above this year than previous years. But, I want to claim it out loud so that I hold myself accountable. I want to write more for me, and collaborate with more of my blogger friends. To see my pieces shared an featured. To really inspire someone. To motivate a fellow Momma. To let someone who’s been there know they’re not alone.

-To continue my Sensitive Skin Care search for brands that help out sensies like me. I’m starting out by throwing away all of my old makeup and cheap-o skincare that causes my skin issues to flare. Buh Bye body spray that breaks me out, so long old mascara that makes me cry. I may have to spend more, but I’m making an investment in myself by taking better care of me- I even have some ideas on how to motivate myself to work out by promising myself beauty products. Ya do what ya gotta do, friends!

– To share Jesus with those around me. To share his love. I want unexpected opportunities to show his grace. To remind myself to judge less, and see through his eyes more. I also want to read through The Message, as I finished my trek through the Bible from beginning to end last year. I’ve never read The Message and I love the format- if you’d like to join along, I’m thinking of starting a discussion group on Facebook. Subscribe for updates!

1. Get Fit2. Write3. Toss the Junk4. Share Jesus

So- that’s it! My list of “Resolutions”, though I don’t want to call them that. It seems just by deeming them a resolution, it dooms them to failure. So, I shall call them my “Musts”. I must get healthy. I must write more. I must share my Jesus…

What are your Musts for 2016?

HPN

13 Comments

1. Britney

December 31, 2015 at 11:25 am

My musts for 2016 are blog more, become more active within the social media community and savings, LOTS of savings. My TOP must for 2016 is too start school! This should be a fun year. Hopefully both our musts can be done (and small goals are the best!).

2. Caroline @ In Due Time

December 31, 2015 at 4:50 pm

What a great list! I love that your goal is to be healthy and not follow a fad diet or anything! So important to take care of our bodies! Cheers to the new year!

1. mrsbishop

December 31, 2015 at 7:34 pm

I’m so over fad/crash diets- they are worse for us than most anything!

3. Jenny

December 31, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Great goals!
    Good luck with them in the New Year.

xoxo, Jenny

4. Ms. Nitta

December 31, 2015 at 7:08 pm

Thanks for sharing this! Good luck with your list – working on mine too!

1. mrsbishop

December 31, 2015 at 7:35 pm

Thank you and good luck with yours!

5. Joscelyn | Wifemamafoodie

January 1, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I love that you start your new year out with a list of goals! This year I hope to spend less time working and more time with my family. I hope to take more photos of happy memories instead of only blog related photos, and I too hope to share Jesus more and overcome my shyness in that area. I love the format of The Message and would love to try to read through the whole thing as well! I hope you have a great new start to the year, Stephanie!

1. mrsbishop

January 2, 2016 at 12:32 am

Thank you! And yes to taking more pics of life that aren’t blog related. Totally one of mine too.

6. Gillian

January 1, 2016 at 7:25 pm

I loved reading your goals for 2016! It’s so fun to get a peek into the things that other people want to do to make their lives better this year! I haven’t written down any goals yet but this inspires me to do so.

1. mrsbishop

January 2, 2016 at 12:33 am

Awesome- if we write it down and hold ourselves accountable, we are more likely to make it happen. Good luck!

7. Chelsea

January 1, 2016 at 10:48 pm

I love reading others’ new years goals! Good for you. I am also trying to eat better…not less, but to nourish!! Best wishes for 2016!