New Year: Meal Plan Monday
It’s a New Year, and I promised myself I would get back into Meal Planning. I’m starting off light this week, and I compiled some recipes that sounded good and bought the ingredients for them…but I haven’t decided which nights we’re going to have each meal.
I’ll try to do better next time. But, for now- here’s what we’re having this week:
- Beef Meatballs in Mushroom Gravy from Sweet and Savory by Shinee. I already made this recipe Saturday night and it was a HIT. My Mother in Law even stopped in for a surprise visit, and she was impressed…so I’ll take that as a major win. It was delicious! It wasn’t gluten or dairy free…but I did switch it up a little so my stomach could handle it. But, that mushroom gravy especially, is going to be repeated a lot. Even the 5 year old liked it.
- Irish Chicken with Cabbage and Potatoes from Recipes, Food, and Cooking. It has been really cold, so comfort food has been at the top of my list. I’m also ALWAYS on the lookout for great, one pot dinners that won’t take me all night to cook. I’ll let you know if we like it.
- Korean Beef Bulgogi from Foodie Crush. My BFF This Messy Season used to make me bulgogi all of the time before she left me to live halfway across the country. She gave me a more simplified version of this recipe- and I can’t wait to get it in my mouth! She always serves it with kimchi- which I now love because of her.
- Cobb Salad. Which is my go-to, fall back, don’t feel like spending all night in the kitchen, recipe. I just buy a bagged salad, grape tomatoes, boil some eggs, fry some bacon, add some avocado and serve with our favorite dressing and croutons. Easy, peasy!
- Last but not least, Baked Tilapia with White Rice and Broccoli. I kid you not, this is my 5 year old’s most requested dinner. That and Brinner- which is usually oatmeal, pancakes, or french toast. We could eat breakfast for dinner every night here at the Bishop house. But, as a Momma to a formerly very picky eater, I’ll take what I can get!
Next week I’ll try my best to categorize these better for you- but I’m easing myself back into the habit. We start homeschool back up this week too, so pray for us?
What are you making for dinner this week? Have any tips on making meal planning less stressful- I’d love to share them here on the blog!