My Most Memorable Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day used to be all candy and hearts and presents for me. Up until 6 years ago when I was in labor with a certain little stubborn boy who couldn’t wait to make an entrance.

Picture it- 6 years ago. (In my best Sophia Petrillo voice).

Me, walking laps, trying to get this baby outta me! We tried spicy food, long walks, squats- everything we could think of. But, to no avail, I went to the hospital to be induced.

Where they promptly sent me packing, because apparently everyone’s babies were trying to make their entrance that day.

We drove the 40 minutes back home, picking up chicken nuggets on the way because LAY OFF ME I WAS STARVING! Even though we had already eaten lasagna a few hours before.

We decided to go to bed. And guess who decided he was ready to come? I started having contractions, and off back to the hospital we went.

Though he didn’t make his entrance into this world until the next day, my most memorable Valentine’s Day is definitely this Mommy waiting for her tiny baby to get here.

babyb2

What is your most memorable Valentine’s day?

10 Comments

1. Nicole Banuelos

February 14, 2018 at 7:38 pm

That is definitely one memorable Valentines day! I’m not sure if I have a most memorable Valentines day… we play it pretty low key with a family dinner at home, so they are all pretty good!

2. Shawn Giffin

February 14, 2018 at 8:05 pm

I think my most memorable Valentine’s Day was my first one with Rodney. We were still “just dating” lol, and he was going to Vegas on a guy’s trip that was planned long before me. He was going to be gone 4 days, the third being Valentine’s Day. I must preface this with the fact that I hadn’t ever experienced love, healthy love, before. He wrote me 3 letters and numbered them. He skipped Valentine’s Day. Well, that is because on that day, I received the largest, most obnoxious bouquet of flowers I had ever seen, a normal size bear, and a card in which he crossed out certain words and wrote his own. I knew someone was finally going to love me forever.

3. Julie Hamilton

February 14, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Aw, that is so sweet! Happy early birthday!!!!

4. Kerry

February 14, 2018 at 11:48 pm

What a great memory! I would say my most memorable Valentines Day would be the first one my hubby and I celebrated together. He knew I liked dirty martinis so he kept making them for me. And then I passed out. Haha. I haven’t had a dirty martini since.

1. mrsbishop

February 15, 2018 at 10:01 pm

Hahaha- memorable and not-so-memorable all at once! lol

5. Courtney

February 15, 2018 at 12:26 pm

Aw, how sweet is that! We’re not big on Valentine’s Day but this would definitely be one to always remember!

6. Jennifer Maune | Maune Legacy

February 15, 2018 at 9:26 pm

That is so sweet! I think it’s fun when a holiday is associated with another special event!

7. Eryka

February 15, 2018 at 9:54 pm

what an amazing Valentine’s Day! So special

8. This Messy Season

March 3, 2018 at 10:14 am

I love this so much! and also, I laughed so hard at the chicken nuggets comment hahahaha

1. mrsbishop

March 3, 2018 at 9:38 pm

Hahaha, Momma loves her McDs nuggs!