What I’ve Learned in My 28 Years
Today is my birthday so I thought I’d share some words of wisdom that I’ve acquired over this first part of my life…
- Overalls are never a good idea- unless you’re a toddler
- A good pair of shoes can make any outfit work.
- Don’t diet- eat healthy and exercise, but eat that brownie every now and again.
- Hug your Grandparents and visit them often. I’ve learned the hard way that they’re not around forever.
- Say “I Love You” as often as you can.
- Say I’m sorry, even when you’re not sorry- but especially when you are…..I’m working REALLLLLLY hard on this one.
- Rock your babies and hold them close- you’ll blink and they’ll be walking. Then talking. Then going to school.
- Leave the dishes and read a book. Take a little time for yourself.
- Learn to cook really delicious food- you’ll save lots of money from not ordering out.
- Surround yourselves with likeminded friends.
- Put yourself out there. I’ve made my closest friends by breaking out of my shell and being real and transparent.
- Find your “thing”. And do what you love.
- Enjoy the little things and find the beauty in the everyday.
I feel like 28 is going to be the best year yet. I’m more comfortable with who I am than I ever have been. I’m doing what I love. I’m loving what I do!
Here’s to another 28 years- and hopefully lots more!!!
And don’t forget to check out My Birthday Wish List.